Sunday, January 07, 2007

Journaling

Sometimes I get so caught up in the political realm that I forget the whole reason why I created my blogs in the first place. My writer's blog, Defender of the Blahs, just reminded me why I write, and why I started each and every one of my blogs and sites.

Because I love to write.

Defender of the Blahs is my first and original blog. It was created in March of 2006, and has become my forgotten site. Not just by readers (Aside from my main site at www.douglasvgibbs.com, it gets the least amount of hits of my dozen or so sites), but by myself. What it is supposed to be a journal, a journal about me, a journal about my slow and lowly rise in the vicious world of publishing. Every once in a while I might throw in a snippet here and there, but the posts have become forced. And I've gotten to the point that I am searching for things to write about.

I suppose when the world is going to hell, and you have a site like Political Pistachio to spew about it, you forget about the simple pleasures in life. I plan to devote just a little more time to "Blahs" again. Make writing in it fun again.

Oh, don't you worry, liberals and terrorists and the alien invasion from south of the border still ticks me off, and I will continue to spew commentary about each of these subjects, but do me a favor; visit Defender of the Blahs every once in a while, just to see how I'm doing, because that is where I write what's really going on with me.

5 comments:

prying1 said...

I've got 3-4 blogsites but normally I just cross post articles. JoeUser, Townhall and Blogger News. Don't think I could keep up with posting on different sites with different articles.

It would help if I could really type with more than four fingers and a thumb.

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

I've got one other political site, A Right Angle in a Left Turn World at Townhall http://douglasvgibbs.townhall.com and usually the articles are independent between each site, but sometimes when I think certain articles are just too good not to share with the other readership, I will cross-post. I have ten sites that I am active with nearly daily, and then another dozen or so that gets my attention on occasion. Thing is, and my mom pointed this out to me recently that she knows this is what I do, it only usually takes me a few minutes to pump out a post, so I don't spend nearly as much time at the computer as some people think. Okay, sometimes I do.

Anonymous said...

How do you have time for all those blogs? I can barely post anything at Right Truth these days. Good for you. I will give your other side a plug today.

Anonymous said...

Phew! I get tired just thinking about it!

David Odeen said...

Well it is not like your work suffers. All top notch writing. And thanks for doing all the work at My Point...A ++++++++