Sunday, October 19, 2008

I am a Conservative . . .

I am a Conservative, rather than a Republican, because I believe that innocent lives should be saved, and guilty, murderous lives should be removed from society; I am a Conservative because war is horrid - but has been necessary to create America, end slavery, and stop genocide; I am a Conservative because success should be congratulated, not punished with Marxist redistribution of wealth; I am a Conservative because I understand that the criminal element prefers their victims to be unarmed, and I refuse to be one of those victims; I am a Conservative because I believe the founding fathers knew what they were doing when they created this nation, and like them I am willing to do whatever it takes to preserve liberty; I am a Conservative because I believe we should be good stewards of our environment, but not to the point of extremism such as is exhibited by today's radical eco-terrorists and environmental movement; I am a Conservative because I believe Global Warming was once happening, but because of the natural cycles of the planet, not mankind, I am a Conservative because I believe that health care is an individual's responsibility and the creation of insurance companies in the first place is what ruined the system; I am a Conservative because I believe economies are dependent upon job creation and the movement of products, which is caused by profitable business, not government checks; I am a Conservative because I understand that lower taxes creates growth, and growth creates jobs, I am a Conservative because I recognize that a strong central government is prone to corruption, and has a tendency to be tyrannical; I am a Conservative because I believe my politics must reflect my morals, and my morals do not condone the murder of the unborn, the betrayal of the sanctity of marriage, nor the degradation of society into a Godless Marxist system; I am a Conservative because our unalienable rights have been given to us by the Creator, and no government has the right to take away those freedoms; And lastly, I am a Conservative because I believe we as a nation must return to the U.S. Constitution or our prosperity and exceptionalism as a nation will be at risk.

No comments: