Thursday, January 28, 2010

President Obama's Jobs Speech is all about him. . .So was State of the Union



In the above speech Obama said "I" 132 times.

In Obama's first State of the Union he toned it down just a bit. Obama used the word "I" (including 3 times in the form of "I'll", 15 times as "I'm", 3 times as "I'd", 7 times as "I've") a total of 103 times. "My" was used ten times, and "me" was uttered a mere eleven times.

Could it be that he is seeing his position as less about him, and more about America?

Don't count on it.

I am thinking Obama referred to himself less times in the State of the Union speech because he was spending much more time blaming others, and criticizing others. Hard to talk about yourself when you are doing what you can to demonize the opposition.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

Transcript: Obama's first State of the Union speech - CNN

No comments: