Saturday, December 31, 2011

In Memory of KMET: Bohemian Rhapsody and Bohemian Polka

When I was a young man I used to listen to KMET 94.7 FM in Los Angeles. On Sunday nights the rock station had a show called Dr. Demento which played parodies, and all around silly songs. It was listening to the Dr. Demento show that I was introduced to the stylings of Weird Al Yankovic.

During that same time period I was a big Queen fan, and of course I loved their Night at the Opera tune: Bohemian Rhapsody.

Yesterday, on the "Ten at Ten" segment on The Sound 100.3 LA (http://thesoundla.com/) they were following up songs with their covers, as they have been all week. It was yesterday that I got the pleasure of hearing once again Bohemian Polka.

Below is Queen's version, and Weird Al's zany cover.

I was laughing so hard I was crying.



1 comment:

joetote said...

Dr. Demento! One of my all time favorites! I think there are even albums available with pieces of his show1