Thursday, December 29, 2011

No Aristocracy in America

"As our president bears no resemblance to a king so we shall see the Senate has no similitude to nobles. First, not being hereditary, their collective knowledge, wisdom, and virtue are not precarious. For by these qualities alone are they to obtain their offices, and they will have none of the peculiar qualities and vices of those men who possess power merely because their father held it before them." --Tench Coxe, An American Citizen, No. 2, 1787


-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

3 comments:

joetote said...

You think King Obama,Queen Michelle, Prince Harry and Princess Nancy should be made aware of the above?

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

I often send quotes by the Founding Fathers to my representatives, and to the White House. . . but I doubt they read them, or care.

joetote said...

i really like it when you do post the quotes and I also freely admit I reuse some when I get a chance to posy my blog, which isn't as often as I'd like lately. LOL!

The words of our founding fathers are so important! As the schools now shy away from even bothering with our founding principles, it is of paramount importance the words and deeds of our founding fathers somehow be put out there, the MSM and others be darned1 It is not only our heritage, but it is the bedrock of what made this country great.

I appreciate the great service you do in reminding us who we really are.