Monday, July 30, 2012

When Some are Calling for the Death of James Holmes

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Last week a commenter on Political Pistachio left a message saying that we should pray to God to end the life of Aurora Batman theater shooter James Holmes so that he doesn't hurt anyone else. The comment was anonymous, and since I moderate, it was disapproved.

Either the commenter does not understand the faith of Jesus Christ, or the comment was left by a person that opposes faith and the comment was meant to be a piece of bait dangling on a vicious hook.

What James Holmes did was horrible. Under man's laws he should either rot in jail for life, or face the death penalty (I am figuring on a death sentence). When it comes to the spiritual realm, however, I don't pray for his death, but for his repentance. I pray that deep in his tortured soul the truth becomes apparent, and he drops to his knees in repentance to God. Only an awesome God has the kind of mercy needed to forgive Holmes his transgressions.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

prying1 said...

Amen! I believe most Christians will agree although I also think it would be smart of them (and you and I)to not invite Holmes over for a sleepover even after he repents.