Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Martin Luther King Jr. - I Have A Dream - 50 Years

By Douglas V. Gibbs

Today marks the 50th Anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech.  The speech is one of the most acclaimed speech's in America's history.  The phrase "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" summed up the Civil Rights movement of the day, and is a statement that for many has been fulfilled in today's society.  Unfortunately, sometimes, that statement is ignored.

The election of Barack Obama is a great example, where in poll after poll it has been overwhelmingly demonstrated that a large portion of voters voted for Barack Obama not because of his policies, or his character, but because of the color of his skin.

Today President Obama is delivering a speech to commemorate the anniversary of Dr. King's speech, and I believe Mr. Obama should not be present, and should not be allowed to participate.  He has done more to create division than any leader in recent memory.  He has used race baiting and class warfare to gain power, keep power, and push his Marxist policies on this nation.  He has divided this nation, he has driven a stake between blacks and whites, and he has done much to create an America that is contrary to what Dr. King desired.

Read the text of Dr. King's "I have a dream speech" HERE.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post is excellent sir, and I would love to use the last paragraph of your post on my show Saturday the 31st. You summed it up perfectly and I love what you said. great post.