Monday, January 27, 2014

Grammys: Orgy of Disgust

By Douglas V. Gibbs

When I was a young man, and I heard the preacher talk about the out of control societies of Sodom and Gamorrah, or how the Israelites gave in to their desires while Moses was retrieving the Ten Commandments, or the sinful culture of Babylon, I found it hard to imagine how immoral a society could become.

When I was in the Navy, I saw a film called "Caligula," and scenes from that movie, and "Eyes Wide Shut" came close to what I imagined the days of Noah, or Sodom and Gamorrah, must've been like.

The Pagans used rituals that integrated demonic imagery into their worship.

Mankind, when value and morals become an afterthought, give in to debauchery, and it is then that civilizations collapse.

Greece and Rome also experienced death from within, because of the corruption and immoral cultures that emerged.

I could never describe what a lost society or culture may truly look like, though, until after last night.  The Grammy Awards were a perfect example of what falling cultures look like.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

1 comment:

Dale Day said...

I'm glad I didn't watch and, from the news blurbs I've seen, I only missed slime.