Monday, June 30, 2014

Obama: I Will Bypass Congress On Immigration

by JASmius

This would lead to the question of, "Why bother [seeking more than $2 billion to respond to the flood of immigrants illegally entering the U.S.], then?"  The answer, it seems to me, is to set up a public justification for going ahead and taking those "new powers" anyway after congressional Republicans tell him to get stuffed because they hate his guts and don't trust him any farther than they could throw Michelle.
-Me, 24 hours ago

See, I told you so:

Conservatives railed at President Barack Obama's announcement Monday that he would  take executive action to reform the U.S. immigration system after hopes of passing legislation in Congress officially died....

Obama chided House Republicans for refusing to bring immigration reform to a vote....

"Obama chided House Republicans for refusing to commit political suicide...."

....and said only legislation could provide a permanent fix to the problem.
"Legislation" being the sole purview of Congress, per Article I, Section 1.

"I take executive action only when we have a serious problem, a serious issue, and Congress chooses to do nothing.

"I take executive action only when I want something and the GOP won't give it to me."

And in this situation, the failure of House Republicans to pass a darn bill is bad for our security; it's bad for our economy, and it's bad for our future," Obama said in the White House Rose Garden.

"And in this situation, the failure of House Republicans to slit their own electoral throats is bad for my party."

"America cannot wait forever for them to act. That's why today I'm beginning a new effort to fix as much of our immigration system as I can on my own, without Congress."

"My party can't wait forever for them to surrender whatever tattered remnants of the country I haven't already conquered.  That's why today I'm going to take the rest of their Article I power and send them all to the Alaska Gulag."

And there it is.  A masterfully orchestrated crisis that he is poised to exploit the hell out of to give himself and his party permanent, unchecked power forever and ever, worlds without end, hallelujah, amen.

Looks like Speaker Boehner's congressional lawsuit threat wasn't as effective a deterrent as he'd hoped.  But then, neither would impeachment have been.  That's what happens when an ignorant, corrupt electorate twice elects a dictator.



No comments: