Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Obamnesty's Latest Chapter

by JASmius



I'm not sure what the threshold point is for conclusively declaring that Barack Obama has completely destroyed the U.S. immigration system and shredded the laws therein.  It's difficult for me to believe that we haven't already passed that Rubicon quite a piece back.  But either O doesn't think he's crossed it yet or he's intent upon running up the score:

A new regulation set to be published on the last day of the year will allow for more white-collar American jobs to go to foreigners with college degrees, Breitbart News reports.

The proposed regulation is set to be published on Thursday, followed by a sixty-day comment period.

"Obama has gone the Full Monty to bust the immigration system," immigration lawyer John Miano told Breitbart. "What is going on is he is effectively giving Green Cards to [roughly 650,000] people on H-1B visas who are unable to get Green Cards due to the [annual] quotas."

So, once again, he is illegally, unlawfully, and unconstitutionally usurping Congress's Article I, Section 1 legislative power to re-write another area of U.S. immigration law to his preference and liking, in service to his "fundamental transformation" dream of overrunning the country with foreigners and displacing and disenfranchising "native" Americans.  Because "bringing America down to the level of the rest of the world" economically is only "fair," and all the wealth we have created and earned must be "redistributed" to the rest of the world, and what more efficient way to accomplish that than to invite in the rest of the world into our country to take away our jobs?

This reg is also redundant proof that the Left knows and grasps capitalism and economic incentives as well or better than we do:

The policy gives an incentive for businesses to hire foreign nationals because they can be paid lower salaries in combination with assurances that their jobs will help them get federal work permits that are a pathway to Green Cards and citizenship, writes Breitbart's Neil Munro.

All quietly and well under the media "radar".  It almost makes you wonder why The One made such a splash of his Immigration Proclamation when he could have carried out the same lawless usurpation just as unobtrusively, or for that matter why this reg is being dropped like a pin when it's the same Hispanic/Latino pandering.

Now let me back up and reset the table on my own immigration stance: I am no protectionist, on labor or any other economic aspect.  If a "furiner" emigrates to America legally, plays by the rules, fulfills the requirements, and isn't coming here to freeload, I've got absolutely no issue or problem with him or her competing in a free market U.S. job market, even in my professional segment of it.  Competition is capitalism is competition, after all.  That to which I object is non-Americans bypassing U.S. immigration law at a lawless regime's engraved invitation and a job that I need (and have for well over two years) and that I might have otherwise landed being parceled off to that illegal alien.  Because that is not fair to me.

Of course, I'm a white, Christian, conservative constitutionalist Republican of European heritage, and therefore have (somehow - I've yet to discern it) "unfair advantages" that I "don't deserve," and therefore it's time for me to be screwed "for a change".  Even though I have been banged like an ISIS harem slave since 2013 and many times before that over the course of my career.

The difference is, back then we had American presidents and a (mostly) free market, capitalist economy in which there was always a next job to be had because jobs - real, full-time, reasonably-paying jobs - were actually being created instead of destroyed and stifled.  Now, the U.S. job market is an ever-shrinking "pie," and there is nothing left for late-middle aged accountant such as your humble pundit.

I don't know the ethnic demographic or citizen status of the sacrificial goat with which I was replaced at Pacific Northwest Baking Company, but I do know that my replacement at Eagle Beverage Company six months later very much fit the above profile.  So this reg is real as proverbial roast beef and vastly more deadly.

I'd ask why Barack Obama seems to hate Americans so much, but there's a limit to how much redundancy the human mind can withstand.

No comments: