Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Cherry Valley Fire Closer Than I Thought

By Douglas V. Gibbs
AuthorSpeakerInstructorRadio Host

After I left the KMET 1490-AM Studio I shot over to Cherry Valley Blvd. to head on out towards Corona where I teach a Constitution Class every Tuesday Night.  We had just finished pre-recording the Conservative Voice Radio program at about 1:30 pm when I noticed a lot of smoke nearby.

The brush fire in Cherry Valley, an unincorporated area near Beaumont and Banning, exploded after I left, expanding to burn more than 1,000 acres, and at this point is still only 10 percent contained.

Evacuations have been issued to nearby residential areas as firefighters worked diligently to protect structures in the area.

At least five water-dropping helicopters and nine air tankers, including a DC-10, have worked the fire, joned by more than 300 firefighters.  The brush fire that has been dubbed the Bogart Fire.

Many homes are in the area, and are threatened.

-- Political Pistachio Conservative News and Commentary

No comments: